50 years ago, on December, 30, 1959 Klichev District Museum of Local Lore was founded.
Since February 2008 the museum has been housed in Prince Potemkin castle. The first director of the museum was a local lore researcher Mikhail Melnikov; the exhibits he had gathered laid the foundation of the museum fund. Nowadays the museum fund has about 19 000 exhibits.
The major collections include antiques from Prince Potemkin’s castle, XI –XX cc. weapons, XVIII – early XX cc. books and journals, national garments, XIX – early XX cc. tools and household goods, coins of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and Retch Pospolitaya, as well as canvases of famous Belarusian and local artists.