Bobruisk Local Lore Museum was founded 85 years ago; its first exposition was presented with the personal collection of its founder and first director Slavin. New exhibits presenting achievements of Bobruisk public economy were added to the funds in 1927. During the Great Patriotic War and German occupation the building of the museum was destroyed, and most its collections were robbed or lost. The restored museum welcomed its first visitors in 1945.
In 2008 the main fund of museum counted for 15 000 of exhibits united in 28 collections; the scientific subsidiary of the museum counted for 18 000 exhibits. One can see archeological artefacts, documents about Bobruisk fortress, the Decembrists’ activity in the town, and the founder of Belarusian playwrighting