The Belarusian Ministry of Architecture and Construction and Chinese Sitik are planning to elaborate investment projects that imply the modernization of Belarusian cement plants by the end of April, Interfax learnt from the ministry.
These projects imply the construction of three cement-making lines at the Belarusian Cement Plant, Krichevtsementnoshifer and Krasnoselskstroimaterialy (each with an annual capacity of 1.8 million tones).
As soon as the documentary stage of the projects is completed, Sitik will start delivering the necessary equipment.
Within the framework of the Belarusian-Chinese agreement, Belarus will receive a reduced-rate loan of $27 million and a buyer credit of $500 million.
These loans will cover 85% of the cost of the modernization projects. The remaining 15% will come from the companies' funds.
The new cement-making lines are expected to be commissioned by 2010. They should raise Belarus' annual cement output from 3.7 million tones to 9.1 million tones.