1 October, 1913 - Mogilev Teachers' College was founded;
1916 - the first graduation of 33 teachers took place;
1918 - the Teachers' College was reorganized into Teachers' Training Institute and received a status of a higher educational establishment;
1938 - post-graduate studies department was organized;
1944 - three faculties of the Institute renewed its activity - history, geography, and language and literature;
1978 - the Institute was given a name of Arkady Kuleshov — the classic of Belarusian literature, and native Mogilev region resident
1997 - the College passed the state accreditation and was reorganized into Mogilev State A.Kuleshov University.
The University is one of the leding scientific, educational and cultural centres in Eastern Belarus:
10 faculties provide training in 31 specialities;
pedagogical and research work is realized at 38 departments
where over 450 specialists work; among them about 200 have academic degrees, including 25 doctors and professors;
the number of students taking into account those studying at the University colleges and Institution of Advanced Training makes up about 9000 people.
The quality of education has been acknowledged in many countries: Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Iran, China, Nigeria, Russia, Turkmenistan, Turkey.