November,1 1632 the decree was passed to found Mogilev Orthodox Eparchy. It was registered in official documents in Warsaw.
Mogilev Orthodox Eparchy was the only one in the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth. Its foundation was initiated by Petr Mogila, the Metropolitan of Kiev. The decree was approved by the king Vladislav IV at the crowning Seym on March,14 1633. New bishops were titled as “the bishop of Mstislavl, Orsha and Mogilev”. At the beginning of its history the Eparchy was a part of Polotsk Eparchy. During 1920-1930 the Eparchy was headed by “renovators”. In 1924 they founded Belarussian Autonomous Orthodox Church with its centre in Mogilev. In the mid 1930-s its congregations came under the jurisdiction of canonical Minsk Eparchy.
In 1989 the activity of Mogilev Orthodox Eparchy was restored within the boundaries of Mogilev region.