For the 55th time "Sportivnaya Panorama" held the annual opinion poll for choosing top ten Belarus sportsmen. 102 sports journalists representing print and electronic media partook in the poll. Each athlete got 10 points for having won the first place, 9 points - for the second place, and so on.
World No. 2 in tennis Victoria Azarenko and captain of handball national team of Belarus playing for Barcelona (Spain) Sergei Rutenko were voted the best sportsmen. Timofei Kalachev and Dina Sazanovets from Mogilev are also among the best athletes.
The list of top ten Belarus sportsmen-2013:
1. Victoria Azarenko (tennis);
2. Darya Domracheva (biathlon);
3. Sergei Rutenko (handball);
4. Melitina Staniouta (rhythmic gymnastics);
5. Mikhail Grabovski (ice-hockey);
6. Vasily Kirienko (cycle racing);
7. Vladimir Samsonov (table tennis);
8. Timofei Kalachev (football);
9. Dina Sazanovets (weight lifting);
10. Maxim Mirnyi (tennis).