Official web site Dribin district: www.dribin.mogilev-region.by/en
Dribin district is located in the north-east of Mogiliov region. It was founded on July 17, 1924, was downsized in 1935 and 1959, its present territory was formed on December 29, 1989. Its area totals 0.8 thousand sq km. Population amounts to 16.9 thousand people. The average population density makes 21 people per sq km.
The urban settlement of Dribin is the district center. The district has 104 rural settlements and is divided into 6 village councils: Korovchinski, Mikheyevski, Pervomajski, Rosnenski, Temnolesski, Chernevski. The district is located at Orsha-Mogiliov plain.
The surface of the district is a plain, with occasional dunes, and a general slope to the south. The average altitude is 170-190 m above sea level. The highest point (226 m) is near the village of Yeskovka.
Natural resources: peat, sand, gravel, clay. Average January temperature is minus 8C, average June temperature - plus 18 C. Rainfall equals 620 millimeters a year. Vegetative period is 184 days.
The Pronia river crosses the territory of the district from the north to the south, its tributaries are the Resta, the Bystraya, the Basya, the Verbovka.
Hydrological nature reserves Bratstvo (73.1 hectares), Golomukskoye (153 hectares), Zhevanskoye (144 hectares), Zhevanski Mokh (123 hectares), hunting reserves Rosnenskoye (2650 hectares) and Domanovski (1364 hectares) are located in the territory of the district.
The prevailing soil type is sod-podzol and sod-pale-yellow-podzol. Forests make up 27.4% of the territory, mainly coniferous and deciduous. Peat fields account for roughly 1.5 hectares of the territory, mainly in the north.
The plough lands total 49.1 thousand hectares, 5 thousand of them are drained land. The major branches of the agriculture are meat and diary cattle-breeding. Farms also cultivate crops and fodder, potatoes. Companies located in the district produce foodstuffs.
Railway Orsha-Krichev crosses the territory of the district, along with highway Mogiliov-Mstislavl, oil pipe-line Unecha-Polotsk.
8 secondary and 2 basis schools operate in the district, along with 4 junior schools, the Rosno boarding school, a musical school, 9 preschools, 14 clubs, 14 libraries, 3 library-clubs, 4 hospitals, 9 doctor's offices.
The monuments of architecture are the Pokrovskaya Church (1845) and the memorial to peasants' uprising against the landlord in Kishitsy, the ruined Kazimir's Catholic Church (1818) and the mansion (late 19th century) in the village of Rosno. A historical-ethnographic museum is also located in the district.