Official web site Glussk district: www.glusk.mogilev-region.by/en
Glussk district is located in the south-west of Mogiliov region. It was founded on July 17, 1924. Its area totals 1.3 thousand sq km. Population amounts to 22.6 thousand people, urban population accounts for 37%. The average population density makes 17 people per sq km.
The town of Glussk is the district center. The district has 106 rural settlements and is divided into 9 village councils: Beriozovski, Zavolochitski, Kozlovichski, Kolotichski, Kotkovski, Kirovski, Kletnenski, Slavkovichski, Khvostovichski. The district is located at Central Berezina plain and Pripyat Polessiye.
The surface of the district is a plain. The average altitude is 140-160 m above sea level. The highest point (177.9 m) is near the village of Gornoye. Natural resources: peat, sapropel construction sand, brick clay.
Average January temperature is minus 6.5 C, average June temperature - plus 18.1 C. Rainfall equals 601 millimeters a year. Vegetative period is 192 days.
The Ptich river crosses the territory of the district, its tributaries are the Zarudecha, the Lisa, the Bezhitsa, the Dokolka, the Volnitsa. Small lakes Vugoda and Dikoye are also located in the district.
The prevailing soil type is sod-podzol and sod-podzol marsh, peat-marsh. Forests make up 53% of the territory, mainly coniferous, black alder and birchen. Major peat fields are Dokolka, Barborovo, Dikoye Boloto.
The plough lands total 50.5 thousand hectares, 21 thousand of them are drained land. The major branches of the agriculture are meat and diary cattle-breeding, flax cultivation, fishing. Farms also cultivate crops and fodder, potatoes.
Companies located in the district produce foodstuffs, construction materials, and process timber.
Slutsk-Bobruisk, Bobruisk-Glussk-Liuban, Glussk-Oktyabrski highways cross the territory of the district.
11 secondary and 5 basis schools operate in the district, along with 3 junior schools, 2 musical schools, a sanatorium school, 14 preschools, 27 clubs, 26 libraries, 3 hospitals, 2 out-patients departments, 20 doctor's offices, a policlinic.
The monument of architecture is the Church of Kozma and Demiyan in the village of Gorodok that dates back to 1814.