Official web site Krugloe district: www.krugloe.mogilev-region.by/en
Krugloye district is located in the north-west of Mogilev region. It was formed on July 17, 1924. It occupies an area of 0.9 thousand square km. The population of the district is 19.4 thousand people, 42% live in towns. The average population density is 22 people per one sq. km. There is a town-type settlement of Krugloye (the centre of the district), 152 village settlements, and 7 village councils (Komsenichi, Krugloye, Krucha, Lesnianski, Rubezh) in the district.
Krugloye district is located within the limits of Orsha-Mogilev and Central Berezina plains. The surface is mostly flat with wavy hills. The territory is located at 180-200 m above sea level, the highest point (223 m) is situated near the village of Bokanovo.
Natural resources: peat, sand and gravel, harsh ceramic clays.
January's average temperature is minus 7.6 C, June's average temperature - plus 17.8 C. Annual precipitation equals 626 millimeters. Vegetative period lasts 186 days.
Major rivers: the Druts flowing from north to south (including tributaries: Beriozovka, Oslivka and Ruta, Kamenka, Gnilka and Vabich) and the Mozha and Berezina in the west. Lakes: Lake Bezymiannoye (Nameless) and Yelozhinskoye. Besides, there is a hydro power station on an artificial lake on the river Druts near the village of Teterino.
The prevailing soil type is sod-podzol (60.1%), sod-podzol marsh (28.6%). Forests grow on 26% of the territory, of which 19.8% and man-sown woods, the major tree species being conifers. It is the western part of district where denser forests are to be found, composed of conifers and birches/
Marshes occupy 3.8% of the territory, including the largest one called Shitok.
Lake Hatomka (local name - Hotym'e) near the village of Shepelevichi is one of the district's wonderful natural attractions. Located far in the woods, it is absolutely round, with deep crystal clear water. Another natural attraction is water springs near the villages of Teterino and Pryhani.
As of January 1 1998 the total area of agricultural land equalled 55.5 thousand hectares, 11.3 thousand of which is drained marshes. Agricultural producers specialise in milk and meat cattle breeding, swine breeding, poultry keeping, grain and forage crops, potatoes, fodder beet, corn and flax growing.
The principal industry branches are power engineering, food and construction materials production, wood working industry.
There are motorways linking the district with Mogiliov, Tolochin, Shklov and Belynichi.
There are 6 secondary, 2 nine-year and 4 elementary schools, a school complex near the village of Filatovo with a secondary school, a kindergarten and an arts school branch, 11 kindergartens, 22 clubs, 23 public libraries, 4 hospitals, 2 out-patient hospitals, and 9 first aid centers functioning in the district.
Architectural monuments - Pokrovskaya Church (2nd half of the 19th century) in the village of Dudakovichi and Nikolayevskaya (built in 1833) in the village of Tubushki.