1. Mogilev Local History Museum
Mogilev City, Sovetskaya Square,1
Теl. 8(0222) 22-01-20
Over 135 years of collecting, scientific research based on the latest achievements of History, creative understanding and application of experience in different spheres of museum work have made the museum a centre of local history. The museum collects and exhibits historical items showing cultural, social, political and economic history of Mogilev region.
At the moment the museum includes over 300,000 artifacts.
2. Ethnography Museum
Mogilev City, Pervomaiskaya Street, 73
Теl. 8(0222) 22-01-92
The museum was founded in 1981. In 1985 the building of the Decembrists’ Museum was constructed. Since 1990 the museum has been a site for the Ethnography Museum’s expositions representing life, traditions and holidays of peasants. Life of different circles of Mogilev in XVII-XX is also showed here.
3. Arts Museum named after P.V.Maslennikov
Mogilev City, Mironova Street, 33
Теl. 8(0222) 22-05-13
The museum was founded in 1988. It is located in the building which is an architecture monument of the XX cent. The museum exhibits works of other museums’ collections, arranges personal exhibitions of artists, sculptors, photo exhibitions.
4. Physical Culture and Sports Museum
Mogilev City, Karl Libkneht Street, 21
Теl. 8(0222) 22-37-86
5. Mogilev City History Museum
Mogilev City, Leninskaya Street, 11a
Теl. 8(0222) 22-99-46
The museum is located in the building of the Town Hall, a restored monument of the XVII century. The building is in a historical centre of Mogilev. Official ceremonies are held here.
Exhibitions of the museum occupy two floors. They include items dated by the X-early XX centuries. At the moment it is a museum exhibition. In future it is supposed to be a permanent exposition introducing the visitors with main stages of Mogilev’s history, its medieval culture, religious and life traditions. In warm seasons visitors can go up the observation deck overseeing picturesque banks of the Dnieper River. The most decisive visitors can go even higher to the tower clock. The tower clock work by weights.
In the suburbs of Mogilev there is a branch of the museum – Memorial Complex “Buinichi Field”. It is here where defensive actions of the 172d infantry division and Mogilev’s home guard against Fascists took place. The event is described by Konstantin Simonov, the famous writer, and called “Days and nights full of courage”.
6. Byalynitskogo-Biruli Museum
Mogilev City, Leninskaya Street, 37
Теl. 8(0222) 22-46-19
The museum was founded in 1982 as a branch of the National Arts Museum. It is located in one of the most beautiful buildings of the city – an architecture monument of the XVIII century. The halls of the museum contain works by V.K. Byalynitski-Birulya, his personal things, documents, books, Photos. The exposition of the museum includes 100 works by V.K. Byalynitski-Birulya dated by the 1950- 1980-s.
7. Exhibition Hall
213809, Bobruisk Township, Sotsialisticheskaya Street, 100
Теl. (+375225) 58-18-82
Bobruisk Exhibition Hall was opened on November, 30 1976. From the moment of its creation it belonged to the Belarusian Artists’ Union and was a branch of the Minsk Arts Palace. In 1992 the decision of Bobruisk Town Executive Committee made it a part of the Bobruisk Culture Department. On February, 19 2004 the establishment of culture “Bobruisk Exhibition Hall” got a status of a legal entity. Today it is the only establishment in the town which carries out work in the sphere of professional art. The total exposition area is 380 square metres. The exhibition hall focuses it activity on arranging movable and stationary exhibitions of painting, drawing, sculpture, ceramics, ornamental arts, folk arts. Annually the Exhibition Hall arranges 15-20 exhibitions. Since its creation the hall has arranged about 500 various expositions. Visitor had unique opportunities to contemplate works by famous artists from Belarus, Russia, Moldova, Baltic countries, Kazakhstan, Georgia, Armenia, Ukraine, Far East, Poland, Bulgaria, Germany, Israel, and China.
In its every day life the Exhibition Hall keeps close cooperation with Bobruisk Organization of the Belarusian Artists’ Association. It was created in 1990 and includes 13 persons.
In 2004 the Exhibition Hall began creating its arts funds. At the moment the funds are nor very rich, mainly ceramics and paintings: works by Valery Nazarov, an art director of the film “Anastasiya Slutskaya” (Minsk), Russian painter Nikolai Davydov (Tver), Pavel Maslenikov (Minsk), participants of the International Ceramics Festival “Zhizhal”. Last 6 years the Exhibition Hall arranged specialized exhibitions “The World of Semiprecious stones” with participation of Bobruisk Tourist Club “Meridian”, “Shells and Corals of the World”, puppet exhibitions “Times and Ladies”, “Miracle”, “Beijing Opera Characters”, “Exotic Zoo”, “Netsuke”. The Exhibition Hall is involved in festivals and celebrations that take part in Bobruisk. During the International festival “Wreath of Friendship” it hosted German and Jewish inns. The Exhibition Hall took part in arranging the National Festival “Dazhinki-2006”. Here various performances were given. It arranged the ground “Vernisazh” presenting works by professional and amateur artists from Bobruisk, Mogilev, Osipovichi. It also arranged the exhibition of traditional Belarusian towels within framework of the regional festival “Falk songs - 2006” and got the first diploma.
8. Bobruisk Local History Museum
Bobruisk Township, Sotsialisticheskaya Street, 56
Теl. (+375225) 52 27 31, 52 07 95
The exposition is open from 10.00 till 18.00. Days-off – Monday, Tuesday. The box-office works till 17.30.
9. Education of Culture “Bobruisk State District Museum of Battle and Labour Glory”
Теl. 8 (0225) 59-46-44
The museum was founded in 1990.
In September 2007 it got a status of a culture establishment.
At the moment the museum has got 3 exposition halls and 2 exhibition halls. They are devoted to the following aspects of Bobruisk history:
• archeological monuments on the territory of Bobruisk district;
• creation of the first agriculture commune in the village of Panyushkovichi (Bobruisk district);
• famous and talented people of the district:
-about the Belarusian writer, playwright and theatrical figure V.I.Dunin-Martinkevich,
- about the Belarusian writer, critic and literary critic Alyes Adamovich,
- about the Belarusian writer and public figure P.Golovach,
- about the national poet of Belarus, Honoured Culture Figure M.Avramchik,
- about the writer A. Dyatlov,
- about N.A. Vorontsova-Velyaminova, a granddaughter of A.Pushkin, a famous Russian poet
The hall “District during the Great Patriotic War” tells the visitors about heroism of soldiers, partisans defending the district from the very beginning of the war.
The Ethnography Hall introduces customs, traditions and life of Belarusian peasants of the late 19th –early 20 cent.
Previous exhibitions are:
• works by local artists,
• children’s paintings,
• photo exhibitions,
• ornamental arts,
• Gobelin embroidery and oth.
The visitors of the museum can take various excursions:
• «Archeological Monuments of Bobruisk District»,
• «Literature of Bobruisk District»,
• «Partisans’ movement in Bobruisk District»,
• «Ethnography of Bobruisk District»
Excursions are held in the museum and the Glory Mound erected in honour of soldiers and partisans of Bobruisk district, as well as by a gun post model where on June, 30 1944 Mikhail Seleznev followed the deed of A.Matrosov.
Museum specialists have worked out and are conducting the following seminars and lectures:
• «Belarusian Towel»,
• “Descendants of Pushkin in Bobruisk District”
• «From the history of a samovar»,
• «Bobruisk region’s archeology»,
• «To get healthy with nature»,
• «Partisans’ movement in Bobruisk district during the Great Patriotic War»,
• «About the shirt growing in the field».
One of the most important directions of the museum activity is researching. Museum workers constantly collect material about the history of villages, regional culture, education, medicine, famous people.
10. Establishment of Culture «District Arts Museum»
Belynichi Township, Sovetskaya Street, 13
11. Bread Museum and Folk Arts Museum
Glusk Township, Gagarina Street, 28 (district gymnasium)
12. «Museum of Battle and Labour »
Glussk District, Katka Agritownship, Tsentralnaya Street, 6
13. Museum of Belarusian State Agriculture University
Gorki Township, Internatsionalny Avenue
14. Gorki Ethnography and History Museum
Gorki Township, Yakubovskogo Lane, 2
Теl. 8(02233) 5-93-18
15. Picture Gallery
Gorki Township, Yakubovskogo Lane, 4
Теl. 8(02233) 5-93-19
16. Branch of Gorki History and Ethnography Museum
Gorki District, Maslaki Village
Теl. 8(02233) 49530
17. Branch of Gorki History and Ethnography Museum
Gorki District, Ovsyanka Village
Теl. 8(02233) 48783
18. Branch of Gorki History and Ethnography Museum
Gorki District, Lenino Agritownship
Теl. 8(02233) 3-87-40
19. Museum of Soviet and Polish
Gorki District, Lenino Afritownship
Теl. 8(02233) 38525
20. District History and Ethnography Museum
Dribin Township, Sovetskaya Street, 5
Теl. 8 (02248) 24-6-08
Services: excursions, exhibitions.
21. Klimovichi Local History Museum
Klimovichi Township, Sovetskaya Street, 69
The building was constructed in 1867, formerly it was a house of Meschersky. Working hours - from 9.00 till 18.00, day-off –Monday.
22. District History and Ethnography Museum
Krasnopoliye Township, Antonova Street, 2
Total area is 314 square meters. The number of exhibits is 3,359. Exhibition halls: «Krasnopoliye District and Chernobyl Disaster», an ethnography hall, “Great Patriotic War”.
23. Public Local History Museum
Krasnopoliye Secondary School
Total exhibition area is 1,134 square meters. The number of exhibits - 920. Exhibitor halls: “Nature wonders of Krasnopoliye District”, “From primitive societies to modern days”, “History of our school”, expositions dedicated to economy achievements, the Afghan War, Chernobyl disaster.
24. Pysina Museum
Paluzhsky teaching complex
Services: excursions, lectures, seminars.
25. Klichev Local History Museum
Klichev Township, Yakova Zaitsa Street, 21
Tel. 8(02236) 51-491
26. Krugloye District History Museum
Krugloye Township, Sovetskaya Street, 40
Tel. 8(02234) 21563
4 expositions. 9,600 exhibits including items of archeology, ethnography, numismatics, ornamental arts.
27. Local History Museum in the village of Daraganovo
Osipovichi District, Daraganovo village
The exposition of the museum includes a number do-it-yourself exhibits. They represent ancient and modern days.
The museum reveals the history of the Daraganovs family. They were owners of settlements Radutichi, Krynka, Zhitin. They initiated construction of the railway branch Stariye Dorogi. The exposition introduces life, customs and traditions of Osipovichi District. The museum contains over 2,000 exhibits of the major fund, and 1,000 exhibits of the supplementary fund.
28. Mstislavl District History and Archeology Museum
Mstislavl Township, Kalinina Street, 21
Теl. 8(02240) 2-0015
29. Literature Museum of M. Goretsky
Mstislavl District, Bogatkovka village
30. Museum of the Great Northen war
Lesnaya Agritownship, 15 km from Slavgorod
31. Shklov District Local History Museum
Shklov, Sovetskaya Street, 46
Теl. (02239)31-005, 32-200
On September, 1 2007 the museum opened a new exposition “Shklov district from primitive societies to modern days”. The museum has exhibition and exposition halls.
The exposition dedicated to the history of Shklov district from primitive societies to modern days includes 7 parts:
1. “Shklov antiquityies” – archeological researches of Shklov district, primitive societies of Shklov district, Stone Age settlements.
2. Shklov district as a part of the Great Duchy of Lithuania and The Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth in the ХIV –XVIII centuries – ancient Shklov in manuscripts, Shklov Castle, Shklov owners of the XVI- XVIII centuries, the ancient Town Hall, the Magdeburg Rights, social and economic development, religious confessions.
3. Shklov district as a part of the Russian Empire. XVIII–XIX cent. Owners of Shklov land in the 1773-1790-s; the Golden Era of Shklov County; S.G.Zorich (theatre, manufactory); the war of 1812.
4. Shklov district during the time of three revolutions and the First World War 1914-1917.
5. New social order building in 1918-1941.
6. Shklov district during the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945.
7. Shklov district after the war. Modern Shklov.
The most interesting exhibits:
1. A tooth of a mammoth (150 thousand years old)
2. Collection of women’s attire (3 thousand years old).
3. A bronze ring dated by the times of the Kiev Rus.
4. A medallion made of non-ferrous metals dated by the XVII century.
5. A catholic cross dated by the XIX century.
6. A collection of coins dated by the XVI – XVIII centuries found at Ryzhkovichi castle.
The exhibition hall of the museum holds various exhibitions from the museum’s funds and private collections. Till December, 6 the museum holds the exhibition of local handymen’s works.
The museum has three branches: the “Raiselhoztahnika” Museum, the Museum of battle and Labour Glory in the village of Lyubinichi, the museum of P. Aleinikov. The museum has got a saloon-shop selling local handymen’s works.
daily from 9.00 till 18.00.
Saturday, Sunday – 9.00 – 17.00.