Exhibition of XVI-XVIII cc. weapons from the collection of Sergei August is on at Mogilev City Hall, a correspondent of the site was told at the Museum of Mogilev city history.
The exhibition is dedicated to the history of the art of war of the Middle Ages and the Renaissance. Three-quarter armour, famous Polish hussars, cutting and thrusting weapons are among the exhibits.
Mogilev State Institution Kinovideoprokat offers a number of films about the WWII in May. The information was provided by deputy head of repertoire planning LudmilaBelousova.
A burial place of the Russian soldiers perished in the patriotic war of 1812 was found at Saltanovka village, Mogilev district.
The internal affairs office of Belynichi district executive committee is 91 years old. In the early 1920s Belynichi had an office of the third district of Mogilev uyezd militia. The office provided public order on the territories of Belynichi, Nezhkovo, Tserkovichi volost.
An unusual architectural ensemble appeared on the entrance to Shklov, not far from Serebryanka village. Supposedly there ancient Shklov was located.
The collection of archaeological artefacts found at Zamkovaya Mount in Mstislavl in the Soviet period has been returned to Mogilev region.
The XVIth c. reliquary found in Mstislavl was granted to town's museum, historian, archaeologist, doctor of history Igor Marzalyuck told. The ceremony took place during the agricultural festival "Dozhynki - 2015" held at Mazolovo agritownship on September 4.
Bykhov holds readings dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the start of the World War I.
Gorki district celebrated the 71st anniversary of the battle at Lenino.
Writings on birch bark were found by archeologists during excavations in Mstislavl. The writings were excavated on Zamkovaya Gora.
The Vikhra river may get the status of the internationally important historical and cultural site. Professor Igor Marzaljuck, head of Archaeology and Special Historical Disciplines Department of Mogilev State A. Kuleshov University, came forward with the respective initiative.
Mogilev will upgrade the list of its history and culture values. The target was announced by Vladimir Tsumarev at the session of the city executive committee.
Mogilev State Kuleshov University opened the laboratory-library named after Yakov Treschenok to celebrate its 100th anniversary. The laboratory opened under the History department. The information is provided by Igor Shardyko, the chairman of Leninsky area of Mogilev organization “Belaya Rus”.
The unique burial dated by the Х-ХI was found by archeologists near Mogilev. The information is provided the chief of the Archeology and Special History Branches, the doctor of History Igor Marzalyuk.
2012 celebrates the two-hundred-year anniversary of the Victory at the Patriotic War of 1812. The Russian Army’s military actions to fight Napoleon’s soldiers left the traces in the history of Shklov. On October, 10 1812 Denis Davydov’s Cossacks headed by lieutenant colonel Hrapovitsky defeated French soldiers in Shklov.
A burial place of Russian soldiers perished during the Patriotic War of 1812 has been found near Saltanovka village not far from Mogilev, specialists of Mogilev war-patriotic club “Vikkra” told. During the three days of excavations they have found remains of three Russian soldiers, bullets, uniform buttons.